Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hola Family and Friends

This is my very first blog and so if I sound or do something crazy know that I am under the influence of some very stong hot sauce. I hope that all of you enjoy this blog. I know that as I go along I will be writing some of my very deepest secrets, ha, ha just kidding.

Ok, ok, I will get real. First though I want to tell you how blessed I am in my life. When I was born, (yup we are going alllll the way back), I was born to a father who taught me a tremendous amount of good, but at the same time did some serious harm. I had a beautiful mother who was full of energy and I loved having her in my life. I miss her so much. I wish she had gotten to meet my wonderful family. I am at peace with the knowledge that she will one day get to know them in Heaven. I had a tough time growing up and life seemed to go on with no light in sight.

I met my husband eleven years ago. What kind of man would put up with me. He didn't drink, smoke or go to those men's clubs, I could not understand why I got so lucky. When my beautiful daughter was born, I couldn't believe it. What on earth had I done right to deserve these two in my life. Shortly thereafter, two missionaries came to our house. I remember writing my friend in Utah, Louie, how I wanted to jump into a river the Second Sunday I went to church. Yup, it took two Sunday's, the first one I left after the first hour. I thought those "wacky Mormon's stay for three hours?" I wanted so much to be a part of this church, I wanted to follow God. He had given me so much, he had shown me the way and all I had to do was say yes. I remember telling my husband, "No pressure honey, but I want you to Baptize me so make up your mind quickly." Those missionaries that taught us were awesome. They said exactly what we needed to hear and God opened our hearts to hear his words. We are truly blessed. My relationship with my sisters are 100 times better then they have ever been. I love them. My friends are so special to me and I can't imagine my life without them in it.

Thank you to all who may have some part in forming the people we are today and will be tomorrow.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Beautiful. I love it.

Laura said...

WOW! I just found your blog! This is great! Welcome to the blog world. :)

Elena, you are such a wonderful lady with a beautiful family. I feel very blessed to know you. Lovely first post and I can't wait to read the rest. YA!