First my computer died about three weeks and since we didn't know what to do, I took it to the Jamie Hillman.... thank goodness for his knowledge. He fixed it right up. He is our computer DR.
You know I will be feeding him for the next couple of years. I hope he doesn't get tired of Mexican food.
So you ask why couldn't I just have kept up with it at another computer. I don't even have time to shower most days. School started about four weeks ago and I am dying already. I want to be on the Dean's list this semester so I am working my butt off to study. Any spare time is spent on my kids. Even when my daughter is at an event I am studying. I will take any few minutes I can get.
On Tuesday and Thursday I wake up the chickens and roosters since I have to be at school by 6am. It helps that my teacher is nice and bubbly.
The first couple of days were rough. I sat in the wrong class, I didn't have my books for the first week. I was behind and feeling it. As I stumble to read all the English stories, I realize just how old I am. I am blind as a bat. I can't even read up close anymore. I have to hold the book pretty far from my face so I can actually read. UGH!!
Oh yes, I am in a Swim class too. What was I thinking. I thought, oh yeah I'll get some light exercise. This is supposed to be a beginners class. Yeah right. That was the first day... ever since the coach has been trying to see if we are really fish in disguise of students. Sometimes our coach asks us to swim under the water to the other side. The only problem with this is that my bum bum has too much air in it. I always seem to come right to the surface. Did I tell you how much I love the dolphin fins. Oh my, can't I just with those on all the time?? I can't believe how much a workout I am getting. I have already lost 5lbs.
My kids want to come and watch me swim. Are you kidding me.... no way. Then I won't be able to yell at them during swim team next year.
I feel so blessed to be in school and have my kids in a very good school. They both love their teachers. For the first time ever, I love their teachers too.
To all of you who have kept in touch with me during the last few weeks thanks. I know I have been distant and I am sorry. It is only going to get worst. My days are getting shorter. I have an abstract for Psychology, and a research paper on the 7 deadly sins, (my husband asked if I didn't have enough I had to write about these too) for English.
Thanks for being our friends and we appreciate all your love.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey Elena!
Glad your back! Wow! Sounds like you're hopping with school. I have missed you. I was really bummed about GNO but I saved you because we (Jodi, Tiff, our kids, and I) all had the worst stomach flu. It took me a full week to get over. It hit me the night before and I'm sure I would have infected you. Jodi infected all her family in Utah when she came down with it. Listen, I am here if you need any help at all!! Please, call on me. OK? I know you're going to kick that dean lists square in the tush!! And then - we party. With chocolate. ;)
Much love - L
Love to you Elena! School is not easy and when you throw kids and a husband in the mix....whew! You are one awesome lady!
Hey stranger, glad you got that computer fixed. You just crack me up. I miss seeing you at school and I barely get to say hi to you at church. Well, at least I still get to harrass your son in primary (just kidding). I guess I'll just have to make it to one of the girls nights out some time. Good luck in school and don't fry your braun too much.
I am so proud of you for going back to school! You have more guts than I do. We miss your family tons.
Post a Comment