My poor baby finally had her operation this morning. This time we let her sleep right up until we had to leave so she wouldn't have time to think about being hungry. Pepe and I took her to our Home Teacher's house to so that they could give her a blessing. I am so grateful for the time and effort he took to pray over our daughter. She has been so nervous going into this that I didn't know how to deal with this anxiety. It was gut wrenching for me to see her worry and not be able to tell her what to expect from a medical stand point. The only thing I could promise her was that Heavenly Father would be holding her hand during the operation and would not let go as long as she had FAITH in him. She promised me she knew he would be by her side and she knew he loved her and would take care of her. Not until they wheeled her out and I could no longer see her did I begin to cry. My baby was going to be a bunch of strangers and I could not be there with her. Luckily, she seemed to be in good spirits and Dr. Snider and everyone around her was very nice. The nurse pictured with the Doctor was extremely kind. Even the Anesthesiologist was telling her jokes and letting her tell him the ones she knew. After about an hour and a half I got a call that she was out and in Recovery but was still asleep. When she started coming to Nurse Mary called me back and had Pepe and I sit with her. He ran and got her RX filled while Bella woke up. I put on her DVD movie of Fat Albert so she could start hearing those noises instead of the hospital surroundings. As she started to come to, Nurse Mary gave her some Orange juice and she promptly threw that up. (I took a picture because she wanted to scrap book it.) When she was ready to go home they let us take her. I dropped her and Pepe at home then picked up Sebastian, we all took a three hour nap that afternoon. Later that evening, some friends came over to dinner and she loved having the kids over.
Thank you to all of you who kept our family in your prayers. May God Bless your family as well.
1 comment:
I would have sobbed my eyes out. You are very brave, and you have a very brave daughter, Elena. I am so glad and relieved everything went well. Poor sweet Bella. What a trooper.
We've been so wrapped up here with our own illnesses that I missed this post until now. I would really like to do something special for you guys when we all get better.
Post a Comment