Saturday, September 12, 2009

MY WELITA NEEDS YOUR PRAYERS.



I just love my grandmother and my kids do too. It was so good to see my children being so gentle with grandma. She is 78 and can still cook a mean pot of "Frijoles" (beans). She has taught me some of her recipes and I love it.

She is in the hospital for congestive heart failure. I had no idea she even had that. So when I found out, it was quite shocking. I wanted to cry right there and then when the nurse explained it to me but I didn't want my kids to see me and now I don't know how much time I have with her and I am so sad.

I thank God that my grandmother no matter what she has done, is in my life. That she has had an influence in my life and that Heavenly Father sees fit to have her here on earth still. I ask that you please keep her in your prayers and that she pull through for at least a while longer.

We really need her here for a little while longer so she knows for certain how much she is loved.

2 comments:

Laura said...

O Elena. I'm crying. I will pray for your Welita and keep her in my heart. I hope she gets better soon.

Jennie said...

My heart goes out to you. I know that it hard to see those you love go through this. She must be amazing to have a wonderful granddaughter like yourself. You will be in our prayers!